Saturday, September 8, 2007

Skorpion Quadline Ottawa

Maruja Vieira. Interview at home. BIOGRAPHY CHRONOLOGY

The experiences of Maruja Vieira
Gloria Luz Angel - Salmon Paper
THE HOMELAND,
Manila, Saturday, September 8, 2007
http://www.lapatria.com/ News / ver_noticia.aspx? CODNOT = 20514 & CODSEC = 17
Photo: http://www.lapatria.com/ArchivosMedios/20514/ThumbnailG/2007-09-02_4_165621.jpg
Poetry Maruja Vieira has been described as intimate, fresh, stripped of props formalistic. PHOTOS / Raul Arboleda-Colprensa / Paper Salmon (Published below)


Agracecemos the relative White begow Bernardo González ( begow@une.net.co ) sending the text.

The first poem was dedicated to his grandmother, Rita White Uribe, when he died. Contains the shadow of love poems dedicated to her husband José María Vivas Balcázar since his death. Neruda's poetry is his astonishment, but her love is Antonio Machado. His poetry is influenced by journalism, as it is concrete. Travel.

White Maria Vieira, and signed his first poem the poet and journalist Maruja Vieira Manizales, has been surrounded by poetry since childhood. Beginning with his mother, Mercedes White, who was also a poet, and her husband, José María Vivas Balcazar, and her daughter, Ana Mercedes Vivas .

However, when asked what he thought of having devoted his life to poetry said: "On the contrary, I devoted my life to work and poetry has always been left out."

Maruja Vieira has a poem entitled Amiga inappropriate, he wrote when he worked in the Seine, where he spent 12 years, which goes something like this: Stay poetry out / do not interrupt my work now with your voice crystal / and let me back to the light / travel clouds could remember another sky / But here you are unfortunate friend / who you have let ...

She worked 20 years in the public sector regulatory and some more. Now in his house dedicated to organize all your writings, unpublished poems that have and those who wrote in his spare time at work and just left unfinished by the interruptions. And this is not done by hand or typewriter, not sit all day on your computer to collect his work, to communicate with their friends and read, because it is a tireless reader of both books and the Internet. For her, the network gave a different lifestyle. ---



were in her apartment and in the heat of your home, papers, books and his computer, Maruja Vieira recalled many things about his life.

life as a writer

What or who inspired his first poem?

The first poem I wrote a poem for a wonderful human being who was my grandmother, Rita Uribe White, the smartest woman in the world and I did when she died. Strangely and suddenly I was lost in some papers of my mother, Mercedes White, where he also had his poems, I found him I have it on my computer. That was in 1938.

In my house the doors were open to poetry, beginning with my mother who in most poems I read when I was little girl sing. I remember I read a novel in verse called The flower of a day in addition to recite the number of poems he knew by heart. There was also like my brother Gilbert (who was secretary of the Communist Party of Colombia) for poetry and the tireless reader who was my dad. I never had the problem of other poets as my friend Meira del Mar in his house his father did not look good that she wrote poetry. In my house itself was well regarded and liked my dad when I first published Once in El Tiempo, in 1943.

time you used a pseudonym?

No, but when Neruda was in Colombia, showed her the poem I had published in El Tiempo, thanks to Caliban, and was signed by Maria Vieira White. Then he said: - "Maria Vieira White? How do you say here to the Marys? - And I said, Molly. "Ah, in Chile we say Maruca, how about Maruja Vieira? - And since that day I was so, because I never wanted to have a pseudonym, as I had proposed Caliban, who said that" a name so common in the Time .. .- A Neruda loved to name things.

When I arrived Bogota, someone whose name I have chosen to forget, he said, so good your work, but your last name (the connotation of being a communist) does not become a full member of the Colombian Academy of Language .- Then came thanks to Elisa Mojica who submitted my resume and my good fortune with friends of my husband, who went by the Academy.

Have you had any problems as a poet, as a woman?

Never. But if I would have liked to go to the Casa Silva when they presented the study on the anthologies to ask why the absence of women in them. I keep wondering why those who do not like our poems and then I think that we must become autologous. Luz Mery Giraldo is the only person with great ability and wisdom, has anthologies of works by women. If we do not bother us bring it to the anthologies, why are not we doing them. Women are poorly represented in quantity, because quality, this is great among our writers. For me this has been a mystery.

Have you wanted to write like any other writer?

I wanted to write as Alfonsina Storni, who is one of my idols, is what I love about these women famous unknown. From her I admire his precision of thought, clarity of its language and its value as a woman alone at the world.

For solitude, is ever felt alone?

When my husband died and yet my daughter was born, that was a moment I could call the moment of solitude. Then when she came not again be alone. One of my books, Shadow of love, are the poems I have written to José María Vivas Balcázar for every year of his death, since 1960.

wonder, love, admiration

What has been the poetic wonder?

Neruda. Neruda is manifold. Neruda is everything you want. But my love poetry is Antonio Machado. Light Reading luggage. Antonio Machado's life, written by Ian Gibson, and having been in the little room for him in Segovia I was very touched.

I have also a lot of love poetry: León de Greiff, the Stone and sky, especially Jorge Rojas, Carlos Eduardo Carranza and Martin who is still alive and is in Spain. They and the publication of seven books of Piedra and sky were very important at the time of my life when I was orienting myself in poetry. Another key moment in that time for me was when I came across the book of forgetting Alba Meira del Mar, in 1941.

We are a small group of poets sisters, Matilde Espinosa, most, Meira del Mar and I were born in the same year, 1922, and Dora Castellanos, a little lower. We are absolutely united in all, we share a solidarity that crosses borders, if we turn to see and be the same since the 40's over here.

I have much to thank for their love Dora Castellanos, for his loyalty, for always being there, to Matilda for all that advice when I was young, and Meira who is like my sister. You do not see among men.

Are there other poets you admire?

There are many new poets that we have cultivated through poetic encounters Roldanillo Bella Clara Ventura, Guiomar Cuesta, María Clara González. Piedad Bonett admire as a poet, playwright, novelist. I live very happy with my peers.

Love gave way to the experiences

Your poetry is more inclined to love or everyday life?

Love, undoubtedly is the engine that usually inspires poetry, but when my husband died, I have been to another type of poetry more about others than about myself. So the book names absence, published with the support of the Women's Success Foundation who awarded him the National Award for Successful Women in the cultural and artistic category in 2004, speaks of others. They are a little biographical poems, because I have said with certainty that my poetry is very journalistic, and as a journalist, I have been all life and I still am, my poetry is very specific. I have some very new on topics such as what happened in the Plaza de Bolivar in Bogota when the refugees came and planted at the Plaza, that impressed me greatly. I write a happy birthday to Frida Kahlo.

What themes have his unpublished poems?

After writing all those love poems of Jose Maria, I have other unpublished and I am organizing for other books or parts of a book. One of these is called Jigsaw, which are very short poems, and just sent some of them when I International Competition "Garzón Céspedes" Poetry Hiperbreve in Spain. I tried to know what a haiku, but almost never able to count syllables.

There is another part of the work called Autumn Equinox, because as the years go by, things look otherwise, are a little sad. There is one I really like is called "Poem with chachafruto" where is the bottom Manizales: / incredible city clings to the mountain /, thinking about my childhood because my mother liked to buy and cook chachafrutos and were rich . Suddenly I was where my physiotherapist and girls wore chachafrutos gave me an emotion that I have yet, because then I remembered the house at Versailles, I remembered my mother and chachafruto.

write more experiences than any other issue, the soldier who is wounded: / oh, what a hand so cold, but there was no hand /. My poetry has not been very happy, only when I talk to my daughter. My poetry is nostalgic, always thinking of something that was.

"Journalism has influenced the poetry? Yes

influenced and practical things in the what, how, when and why.

So, the word is not present in his poetry?

only when essential, because it said Vicente Huidobro: the adjective when it gives life, kills. In my writing is first journalistic discipline, then the memory of Huidobro.

addition. I'm never happy with what I write. I fix everything, I'm still editing the book Campanarios of rain, which was my first book in 1945. He still has things that can be corrected.

His daughter Ana Mercedes is also a poet, how is the relationship of mother and daughter in poetry?

speaking not at all in his poetry. She has her own voice, fused with the father and mother, which is very modern. Ana Mercedes does not ask me advice, is very independent, show me the finished work. Neither likes to change what you have written and put us to read together. She es ella.

En lo personal

¿Su poesía ha tenido épocas?

Maruja Vieira ha tenido épocas, entonces la poesía las refleja. Cuando se es más joven, cuando la vida no te ha llevado a sitios distantes, es distinto. Hay una poesía que depende exactamente de tus circunstancias, la poesía es la circunstancia que estás viviendo. Así como las primeras novelas de un escritor son autobiográficas, la poesía es muy autobiográfica, de lo que trae el día, de lo que trae la vida.

¿Ha cambiado su poesía con el tiempo?

Puede que haya cambiado en los contenidos, pero no en la forma. Escribí mucha poesía retórica, poesía which was promptly thrown into the flames but not to water my mom's cousin Enrique Uribe White when I was publishing my first book, I bounced on the dam's original Muña all it took. The papers were swimming in the water and said, "Enrique, are the only original I have, and he said: - better!. So today seems incredible that these poems, my first book, are the most widely read online. My poetry has not changed more thing, I have not made major changes.

How is the life of Maruja Vieira?

When I wrote the poem Quicksand (I'm in the sand / time shifting. / I sink at every step / inevitably ... ), Maybe it was a little sad, but not now. Every day I just woke up, a bit under the house, my papers and I am interested in the Internet and read. Occasionally we go out. I am happy in my house as I had to work a lifetime, since age 16, is rich to be here in my house. At first I missed work, but not now. I have everything here. Meet


technology
One of the first questions that Maruja Vieira wanted to ask was how to enter the world of technology. "The Internet is my choice but my daughter found for depression that was caused by the disappearance of a magazine where I wrote it was" on board " Aces. When he disappeared I was dying. And when I disappeared because I have not done physically but disappeared because the philosophy of the magazine and turned it into a trade magazine. As I had played Colcultura forced retirement by age, not knowing what to do with my life, then Ana Mercedes brought me a computer. This has been another life is like being reborn.

I use it to communicate with my friends, with Ricardo Bada who lives in Cologne, with Fernando Garavito, in the United States with my English friends or living in Spain, Francisco Garzón, as shave Carmen Maeso, a friend who does not know; Sandoval Naphtali with my friend at this time is in Belgrade, and I invented something called the gathering White, a web space through which we communicate all the people who have the surname White. "


Maruja Vieira

Manizales , Colombia, 1922. Poet, professor, literary critic and journalist. some of his published books: Rain Bell, 1947; The poems in January, 1951 Poetry, 1951, Shadow of love, Words of Absence, 1953; City backwater, 1955 Minimum Key, 1965; My Own Words, 1986; time to live, 1992, the names of absence, 2006. It is a full member of the Colombian Academy of Language. A selection of his poetry was published in Medellín by poet Jorge Montoya Toro in 1951.


unpublished poems from the book

Autumn Equinox


CHACHAFRUTO
POEM WITH A taste of childhood ...

A garden and the color of a geranium

. ---



A Woman's Face

(my mother was beautiful)

Beyond the mist incredible city



clings to the mountain. ---



all here, in this chachafruto



bright green.
---


Everything was saved intact ...

---



So, what are these sleepers

tears? QUICKSAND



'm in

shifting sands of time. ---



I sink at every step

inevitably. ---



The road is cleared

before my eyes,

tremble with fear.

is not death,

are the days, hours,

life, I fear. FAREWELL





I started to say goodbye. ---



is a long,
slow and bright


farewell

as

sun on the sea. ELEGY

GATUN
Mirri

In memory of a friend
was indispensable,

was fifteen years of my life.

gave me all his love of kittens,

feline beauty queen. ---



now have windows

clouds and at night, stars balconies.

now plays with rays of sun

and rests on the crescent moon. ---


invisible
His tenderness comes

my work, my books, my dream.

When the ending hours
be on the threshold, as always

0 comments:

Post a Comment