late last week I received an e-mail from the publisher eldali Publications. Memory and I quickly remembered that in late July sent them "Vendetta" for reading. With eyes wide proceeded to read the text I had sent ... Indeed, there was the push that for some time sincerely wished to receive. Publications eldali wanted to publish my work, I've even attached a link to download the contract in pdf format and, once completed, signed and sent by registered mail.
excited with a light heart and mind surrendered to the vagaries, was aware that I was not in the best time to try to weigh in my particular scale, the pros and cons relating to the offer received, as I believe emotions to the surface are not compatible with the coolness needed that requires decision making. That was why I decided to revisit the issue a few hours later ...
... Few hours later, I started searching on internet about eldali, although to be honest, I already knew that before publishing. After the data collected, began to draw my peculiar list:
PROS: 1 .-
want to work on my novel, with the intention of publishing.
2 .- Do not charge anything for corrections, design and publishing.
CONS: 1 .- Only
published a book in the year to have life.
2 .- As may be inferred from his website, are inclined to electronic e-book.
3 .- The publication in p-book is printed on demand.
4 .- Ensure that sell in the House of Books and The Court English. Fact that to date is uncertain. 5 .-
contract for 5 years. So what if they do not work the project and abandon it? "Vendetta have the rights signed by 5 years?
6 .- Important: "Vendetta" is brought to a literary contest for new authors which can not be withdrawn until at least December, under indemnity for the publisher.
Needless to say, was developed under the list of "cons", my conviction was lining up with the idea of \u200b\u200bleaving parked that alternative. Publications eldali could be an option of last resort, right on the top step which would place the self-publishing through Bubok or Lulu.
Despite the conclusion that, little by little, I was coming in early this week replied to the email sent, indicating the situation now is "Vendetta" and may not be withdrawn from the event to which is presented. I asked them, in turn, a waiting period until the said month of December. Similarly, I took the e-mail for any questions concerning its expected future plans, or the fact of having only one novel to the public.
The question is: Do not publish, or to do this anyway and risk losing the rights of my work during five years no matter what happens.
The answer next week ...
excited with a light heart and mind surrendered to the vagaries, was aware that I was not in the best time to try to weigh in my particular scale, the pros and cons relating to the offer received, as I believe emotions to the surface are not compatible with the coolness needed that requires decision making. That was why I decided to revisit the issue a few hours later ...
... Few hours later, I started searching on internet about eldali, although to be honest, I already knew that before publishing. After the data collected, began to draw my peculiar list:
PROS: 1 .-
want to work on my novel, with the intention of publishing.
2 .- Do not charge anything for corrections, design and publishing.
CONS: 1 .- Only
published a book in the year to have life.
2 .- As may be inferred from his website, are inclined to electronic e-book.
3 .- The publication in p-book is printed on demand.
4 .- Ensure that sell in the House of Books and The Court English. Fact that to date is uncertain. 5 .-
contract for 5 years. So what if they do not work the project and abandon it? "Vendetta have the rights signed by 5 years?
6 .- Important: "Vendetta" is brought to a literary contest for new authors which can not be withdrawn until at least December, under indemnity for the publisher.
Needless to say, was developed under the list of "cons", my conviction was lining up with the idea of \u200b\u200bleaving parked that alternative. Publications eldali could be an option of last resort, right on the top step which would place the self-publishing through Bubok or Lulu.
Despite the conclusion that, little by little, I was coming in early this week replied to the email sent, indicating the situation now is "Vendetta" and may not be withdrawn from the event to which is presented. I asked them, in turn, a waiting period until the said month of December. Similarly, I took the e-mail for any questions concerning its expected future plans, or the fact of having only one novel to the public.
The question is: Do not publish, or to do this anyway and risk losing the rights of my work during five years no matter what happens.
The answer next week ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment