As you know tomorrow begin the Days of Science and Fiction that DH35mm and "A Fan's Blog at Fan "have organized as the culmination of our" Cineforum. "
These days I've been talking a bit of content that we would have and as we were missing three details about the authors and projections, this afternoon we will fix it.
We need to talk about Laura Sanchez Becerra, a writer with whom we already have seen in the presentation of his book and which the blogger of "A Fan to Fan Blog" I made a few months ago a great interview (ie. .. I feel the blob).
For you to know more about Laura, we bring you this interview with you will learn a lot about his work.
Read it and remember that Laura will be with us on Sunday December 5th from 17:00 in our usual meeting place: the multipurpose room of the municipal library of Dos Hermanas.
Click "More Information" to read the entire entry.
(Interview originally published in: www.unblogdefanafan.blogspot.com )
Laura Sanchez Becerra is the author of two novels so far: "The Light of Léoen" (published in early year) and most recently, "Claudia's game."
Laura lives in Seville is a graphic designer, illustrator and writer of fantastic tales. His writings take us to imaginary worlds where fantasy is the true protagonist and envelops its characters in a series of adventures as we all always wanted to live.
In addition to his work and his newfound writing career, Laura has a blog where we can follow their interests and tastes. There you can find the first chapter of his book "The Light of Léoen" and inform you on how to obtain copies of his two published novels ("The game of Claudia" has its own official website, please click here to visit).
Finally we
questions:
Haro Kin: Laura, could you tell by your words, and as a "mini" summary that readers will find both of your novels?
Laura SB: I think in this case I am my own worst critic. The truth is that these two novels are very different from each other, from the theme to the narrative itself, although obviously the two bear my seal. Claudia game is a much more personal story, which chronicles are my own nightmares, real nightmares I ever had and wove to create that story. Léoen light is another matter. Was a novel that took me many years of work, and besides being my first novel I have a special affection for all his characters because they have always been with me, and it was there where I developed.
What they share is that both novels are entertaining and fun, each in its own way.
in your sites, it is quite common to find comments from girls what are your novels aimed at a particular audience?
Not at all, what I write is directed to the public in general, and all readers looking for a good time with a book. The fact that My blog, for example, read more comments from girls than boys is simply because in the blogosphere, and more specifically focused on literature, authors and readers of such blogs are mostly girls. Just shop around different blogs to draw conclusions. Maybe it's because there are more women readers, but I think it's that we like to share this kind of taste, maybe that's why there are more literate bloggers to bloggers, I also know that some in the network, but they are few.
Having studied Fine Arts, is quite normal that you dedicate to graphic design and you have a talent for illustration, but one day you thought you'd get to publish a book?
never, in fact I never imagined it would end up writing novels rather than illustrate them. The first surprise was me.
The illustrations accompanying your books are quite nice. Whose? Are they yours or a friend?
According to the book, which appear in Claudia's game, both inside and the cover are all mine. However, the beautiful cover illustration of light Léoen Immaculate was the work of Otero, one of my best friends and also was co-faculty, and as you can see is a wonderful illustrator, the result was magnificent.
How did you start with this writing?
really began out of necessity. The story I Léoen silvered light was too complex to bring into drawings or as a comic, so I decided to try writing as a means of development. And that started it all, now I declare addicted to writing.
What were your literary influences?
genres have influenced me most are the fantastic and science fiction, a love of horror movies actually comes more from the genre. As the authors of reference do not get tired of naming the great master Terry Pratchett, of him I learned many things, especially the art of humor.
I read that you like comics, and even have made your first steps in that field you give us the names of some of your creations?
Wow, you gave me in my weak point. Yes I've done some stories about Short and always a few pages, but they are so lousy that I have locked in case someone comes up out into the open, I would die of shame. Although there are many precedents in the drawings and characters in both novels. They were my test bench.
Do you buy comics regularly?
long time ago I stopped collecting. Ever, and when I can afford a whim, he bought another one, almost always unique and compelling volume. My addiction to books I may be more.
What have been your recent acquisitions?
Oddly enough one of the last comics who have fallen on my shelf have been Chicho Terremoto. I loved that series of small and as I knew I had reissued the manga I ran to the first issue. I still have the last two numbers, I say this because the holidays are approaching and so falls ... ahem.
What is the jewel of your collection or your favorite collection?
One of my most recent acquisitions, The Last Hero by Terry Pratchett, is a fabulous book and is also illustrated by PaulKidby.
Another of my little treasure is the volume of Masamune Shirow Dominion, which is almost older than me and he fell to the leaves, but here I have it saved as a treasure.
Has it been difficult path to publication? Have you encountered many problems to publish?
What was really difficult to decide to take the plunge. I was not sure that my books should give the size for such an undertaking, and the truth is I did not have to look far, in both novels that publishers were knocked on my door and not the reverse, which is lucky. I sent them, in both cases, the material I had and they accepted.
What opinions?
As I can only comment that I am completely satisfied. The novels have been well received by readers and critics could not be better.
On the website of The Light of Léoen have a link to get the book in electronic format. Do you think that new technologies will benefit or hurt book sales?
digital literature is now flying off, it will take some years to see which way to take. I confess I always prefer traditional paper book. That feeling of opening a new book and sniff the ink is not comparable to having an e-reader of great ability, who save a lot of space but not the same. In any case I do not think that is detrimental to sales, but on the contrary, is another way to reach certain target groups.
Have concerns about digital piracy?
I do not really approach it, and certainly if someone hacked one of my books would be a sign that people care about what I write. Nor so bad that right?
I suppose you have contact with other writers in your city how do you see the future of your profession?
take it the answer may be more or less depressing. The truth is that we write what we do because it is our passion, we enjoy and we are full, but very few manage to live on what they write. The publishing market usually moves from renowned authors, in many cases foreigners, very few publishers are betting on new writers and unknown.
Is there room for a second part in your novels?
Léoen Good light is a trilogy so you have second and third. The game is self Claudia conclusive and there are no plans to follow, though readers are asking for more.
And finally, can you give advice to people who intended to publish his writings some day?
The best advice I can give is to have extreme patience, not to rush when submitting their novels to publishers, who then review them as needed until they are sure it is complete. And that would not stop with negative, to continue working to improve day by day.
End of interview.
I leave here the technical specifications of their books (and down links to the websites of Laura) to make it easier you ask.
"The Light of Léoen"
Format: 140x216 mm
Number of pages: 228
Binding: Paperback with flaps.
ISBN: 978-84-937612-0-2
Edition: December, 2009
Price: 14.50 €
E-book: 7 €
Editorial: Bug Issues
"The game of Claudia"
Format: 130x195 mm
Binding: color paperback with flaps, inside B / N
Pages: 124 (with illustrations inside)
Genre: Horror Gothic
Collection: Collection No. 1 Krypta
ISBN: 978-84-938088-1-5
Price: 9 €
Editorial: Ediciones Babylon
Blog: http://www.laluzdeleoen.blogspot.com/
Official Website: http://eljuegodeclaudia.es/
Personal Page of Laura SB: http://www.wikiwoki.galeon.com/
0 comments:
Post a Comment